Membership is open to all, regardless of mountaineering experience, over eighteen on payment of an annual subscription, currently £25 (2021 - 2022). Existing Mountaineering Scotland members are able to join at a reduced rate.
Prospective members can get in touch and join us on up to two day meets. Here you can get to know some of the members, and find out more about us before committing to a membership. You can also join our closed WhatsApp group for a limited time to come and climb with us.
- Entitlement to attend club meets, many in mountaineering huts.
- Find climbing partners for indoor and outdoor climbing
- Receiving a copy of the handbook and weekly e-mail announcements.
- Access to the club's closed Facebook group.
- Several local and national retailers offer discounts to club members.
In addition to club benefits, AMC is also affiliated with Mountaineering Scotland and the North East Mountain Trust.
Club membership provides the following benefits.
- Club membership of Mountaineering Scotland brings Civil Liability Insurance, access to BMC travel insurance, discounts on MS courses and the Scottish Mountaineer magazine several times a year.
- Club membership of the North East Mountain Trust brings concessionary admission to their Winter Talks and club copies of Mountain Views.
Both organisations campaign on our behalf for access and conservation in the Scottish hills.