Home | Blog | Activities | Membership | Contact Us | Links
Sadly our schedule of weekend meets is currently suspended until indoor household gathering legislation is relaxed. Many of the planned meets from this year have been deferred to 2021 so we have a fun packed calendar to look forward to when we are able to resume weekend gatherings.
We are hoping to plan some day activities instead.
More info on ...
- Approximately once every month, the club organises a weekend meet in a hut (or camping or other) all around the Scottish mountains. During meets people usually form informal groups depending on interests, in order to pursue mountain activities such as hill walking, climbing,… In the evening, members get together socially for a communal meal.
- Hill Walking:
- Many members enjoy hill walking, be it in summer or winter. On many Sundays, people keen to go for a walk in the hills meet-up in Aberdeen.
- Scrambling involves easy climbing (usually without a rope) and is more exposed than hill walking. The Skye ridges are a typical example.
- Rock climbing involves rope work and gear placement. The AMC is a good place to improve skills and meet up with other climbers. We train weekly either indoors or outdoors.
- Winter Climbing:
- Meet up with some members and enjoy winter climbing.