Home | Blog | Activities
| Membership | Contact
Us | Links
More info on ...
- Approximately once every month, the club organises a weekend meet
in a hut (or camping or other) all around the Scottish mountains. During
meets people usually form informal groups depending on interests, in
order to pursue mountain activities such as hill walking, climbing,
In the evening, members get together socially for a communal meal.
- Hill Walking:
- Many members enjoy hill walking, be it in summer or winter. On many
Sundays, people keen to go for a walk in the hills meet-up in Aberdeen.
- Scrambling involves easy climbing (usually without a rope) and is
more exposed than hill walking. The Skye ridges are a typical example.
- Rock climbing involves rope work and gear placement. The AMC is a
good place to improve skills and meet up with other climbers. We train
weekly either indoors or outdoors.
- Winter Climbing:
- Meet up with some members and enjoy winter climbing.